Come teach in Western Québec! This is your opportunity!
Our board office is located in Gatineau Québec (Aylmer Sector), which is part of Canada's National Capital region.
WQSB is known for the following:
- Academic and specialized programming which is among the Province’s best
- Innovative problem solving encouraged
- Leadership Training Partnerships with Universities and Industry
- Individual attention of a “smaller” board
- Opportunity for mobility and advancement
- Opportunity for varied teaching experience (Northern, Rural and Urban areas)
- Support of a principal in every school
- Full use of Technology–Internet Tele & Video-Conferencing, etc.
- Ongoing Professional Development
- Excellent working conditions and full contractual benefits
- Variety of school organizations: Kindergarten-Cycle 5 (grade 11), Cycle 4 (grade 7)-Cycle 5 (grade 11), Junior Highs
- Variety of school size: everything from 40 students to 1,100 students
Our programs include:
- English Core Programme
- Computer Instruction and Networked, Internet Equipped Classrooms & Labs in every school
- French Immersion
- Day Care and K4 in certain schools
- Enrichment Programming
- Continuing Education and Vocational Diploma Programme for Adult and Youth Sectors
- Board Wide Choir
- Inclusion Policy for Special Education Students
WQSB offers the following student services:
- Special Education Services
- Reading Recovery-Early Intervention Program for Children with reading problems
- Consultant Services
- Computer Labs in every school
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling
- Board-wide Academic Competitions-French & English Public Speaking, Essay Writing, Mathematics
- Extra-Curricular Activities
How to apply as an elementary or secondary Teacher
Western Québec School Board is currently using applytoeducation to search teacher candidates and post jobs. If you are interested in teaching for the Western Québec School Board, please ensure your résumé is registered with www.applytoeducation.ca.
Please note that the Western Québec School Board requires the following documentation as part of your application package:
- A cover letter
- Current Teacher Certification or a copy of your teaching diploma (if you have not yet received it, you should get a letter from your university attesting that you have been recommended for the diploma.)
- Reference Letters
The applytoeducation website facilitates the submission of all of the above documents.
We encourage all applicants to sign up for the “Job Alert” feature found on the applytoeducation website which will notify you when the Western Québec School Board posts new teaching positions.
For more information regarding this feature or any other questions related to applytoeducation, please call 1-877-900-5627.
Your application should include the ''supply teaching" form(s) below, a valid Security Background Check (dated within the last 2 years), your résumé and your teacher certification (if you are a qualified teacher):
Interested candidates for supply teaching only should apply by e-mail with "supply teaching" in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These links open in same window, use your browser's "back" button to return to this page
In the event of inclement weather all information will be tweeted and viewed here.Tweets by @WQSB_Inclement