Students are the Western Québec School Board’s biggest priority. They are the main focus of our everyday business. The WQSB is proud to provide high quality English language education. We believe in shaping students so they are capable of succeeding in all corners of this country. We provide a supportive, open and safe learning environment, which helps students to truly reach their full potential. We also support our students academically and emotionally. This section provides resources to help guide students towards a support network they may need.
Please note that the ministère de l’Éducation, de l’Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche (MEESR) decides the August exam schedule. Upon receiving this information, the principal is then able to create the Summer School course schedule.
Unloading Procedures at the Bus Stops
All students must:
- Stay in their seats until the bus has come to a complete stop.
- Get off the bus.
- (Once off) walk away from the bus in a straight line and avoid the danger zones
Students crossing the street must:
- Tell the driver that they will be crossing in front of the bus.
- Walk 10 giant steps (three meters) along the road or sidewalk, towards the front of the bus
- Stop to make sure that the flashing lights are on, wait for the driver's signal, and then walk slowly across the road.
- Watch carefully for traffic and back up if the bus driver honks the horn.
- In the middle of the road, stop to make sure that all traffic has stopped (pic. 4) +++ see pic on Web now.
- Continue walking in a straight line until safely crossed the road (pic 5) +++ see pic on Web now.
The driver must:
- Ensure that all students remain seated until the vehicle has come to a complete stop.
- Activate the slashing intermittent lights and open the door.
- Instruct students, if required, on how to cross safely.
- Make certain that all vehicles likely to pass or cross in front of the bus have stopped.
- Proceed with the first count of the students once they have moved three meters along the road in front of the bus.
- Check traffic and give the signal to cross
- Proceed with a second count of the students as they cross the road.
- Honk the horn if necessary to alert the students as they cross the road.
- Proceed with a third count of the students once they have crossed.
- Verify all danger zones before advancing the vehicle
- Complete, as needed, disciplinary reports to advise the school administration that procedure regarding crossing has not been followed by individual students.
Responsibilities and expectations of students
Riding on a school bus is a privilege, not a right. Improper conduct may result in the withdrawal of this privilege.
- Students must arrive at their bus pick-up at least five minutes prior to the bus arrival time.
- Students are to follow the driver's instructions at all times.
- Student may board and leave the bus only at their designated stop.
Need to talk?
- Kid’s Help Phone
- Physicians for a Smoke-Free Canada
- RCMP’s Drugs and Organized Crime Awareness Service
- Streetdrug Resources
- Association des intervenants en toxicomanie du Québec inc.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Teen Depression: Guide for Teenagers
Suicide Prevention :
Bullying Help :
- Drug Help and Referal Hot Line 1.800.265.2626
- Tel-Jeune 1.800.263.2266
- J’Arrete 1.888.853.6666
- Parentraide 1.800.361.5085
- Centre Anti-Poison du Québec 1.800.463.5060
Online Homework Support
Experienced teachers will be available online from Monday through Thursday evenings to help Québec students in English Schools with studying and homework. If you have internet access,you can benefit from this free program.
- Homework tips
- Studying tips
- You will need a password that is usually given by your teacher.
These links open in same window, use your browser's "back" button to return to this page
In the event of inclement weather all information will be tweeted and viewed here.Tweets by @WQSB_Inclement