All parents of children attending a WQSB school will have their names automatically added to the English Electoral List. All other eligible voters can ensure their names are added to the English Electoral List by making a request to the Director General of the Western Québec School Board. This request should include their exact name in full, their date of birth, their gender, and complete civic address of domicile. Please contact Nicole Belec at 819.684.2336 (or toll free at 1.800.363.9111) local 1166.
The WQSB’s territory is divided into 11 electoral divisions. You may view the description of the electoral divisions and map of the territory.
Every school board is administered by a Council of Commissioners composed of Commissioners elected or appointed under the Act respecting School Elections.
Who can become a Commissioner?
Every person who is entitled to have his or her name entered on the list of electors of a school board and who, on polling day, has been domiciled in the territory of the school board for six months or more may be elected as a Commissioner for that school board. [Literature: School Elections - Running as a candidate for school elections]
Prior to elections public notice will be given which will include:
- Place, dates and hours for filing nomination papers.[download form: Nomination Papers]
- Information to be included in nomination papers as well as required documents.
- The fact that if two or more candidates are nominated for a seat of commissioner an advance poll and a poll will be held to elect one.
- Date of advance poll and the opening and closing times of the polling stations or stations on that day.
- Polling day and opening and closing times of the station or stations on that day.
- Name of election clerk.
- Telephone number and address of the office of the returning officer.
School elections are held every four years, on the first Sunday in November, for all the seats of elected Commissioners.
Electors who do not have a child admitted to educational services in the English language or the French language school board that covers their home address may choose to exercise or revoke their right to vote at an English language school board. This choice is made by sending the Notice, to the Returning Officer.
- Notice to exercise or revoke your voting rights
- Entry on the list of electors
- Entry on the permanent list of electors
- Contact the office of the Directeur général des élections du Québec (DGEQ) or the Commission de la représentation électorale (CRE)
These links open in same window, use your browser's "back" button to return to this page
In the event of inclement weather all information will be tweeted and viewed here.Tweets by @WQSB_Inclement