WQSB Chairman ~ Jim Shea
I am pleased to accept the challenge as Chairman of the Western Québec School Board. I commit to putting students first as the foundation for all decisions.
- I commit to evidence-based, ethical and transparent decision-making practices that will be supported by a clear and effective communications plan.
- I commit to seeking the input of parents as critical partners.
- I commit to advocating for funding as minority-language education in the same manner as French schools are funded outside Québec.
- I commit to the inclusion of local communities as factors in the decision-making process. Every community is an equal partner that should be respected.
- I commit to providing the opportunity for English-language education in every sector of our region.
- I commit to being the advocate for students, parents and electors in all dealings with the Board.
- I commit to developing partnerships that enhance financial stability and commitment to collaborative educational goals.
- I will advocate for the respectful inclusion of all students and a quality bilingual education for all who wish it.
I invite all communities and individuals to become engaged with me, commissioners and senior administration, as partners in education to ensure the future of our English language institutions and the success of all of our learners. I encourage all of you to become involved in the education process and to support your local schools. Positive teacher interaction at the classroom level is the key to successful learning. Our schools are providing the foundation values and beliefs of our future generations.
Education is a partnership that requires commitment from all stakeholders. Our world may be a different place because we are committed to making a difference in the lives of all of our learners.
Respectfully, James Shea
These links open in same window, use your browser's "back" button to return to this page
In the event of inclement weather all information will be tweeted and viewed here.Tweets by @WQSB_Inclement